Cogworks Set 19 has a small footprint and is intended to be placed against a wall. The exhibit includes a one-sided inspirational banner. Its main board allows two different gear sizes to be arranged in a matrix pattern. Six hardwoods are used in making the gears that are detailed with intricate patterns and inlays for variation and interest. The gear location pins are made from brass for strength. There are three cranks or driving gears fixed to the display; making a total of three work areas. Gear creations can be joined between cranks; this encourages teamwork.
About the Matrix Board – This One-sided display is freestanding and very stable when attached to a wall via the supplied hardware. The matrix board has 3 creative zones and its size is approximately 24” by 60” and provides a large canvas to create. Each exhibit comes with an integral storage shelf with gears made from solid cherry, maple, oak, ash, bubinga, and walnut.
Set20 ~ Two Sided Gear Exhibit ( Free Standing ) ~ Specifications
1) The board size is approximately 60” wide by 24” high. The display includes a single gear board. Total assembly height is 36”. Includes 48” long storage lower tray for gears with cherry trim front. The board and assembly is made from solid birch plywood for strength. It has a safe tough lacquer finish except for board rubbing face, which is finished with FDA approved mineral oil. The display needs to be secured against a wall.
2) Cogworks wooden gears are the best available. In comparison, plastic gears are not as strong, they discolor, and are not environmentally friendly ~ plastic gears often need to be replaced while wooden gears last.
3) Includes Qty 3 crank gears with solid brass hardware fixed to the board.
4) Includes Qty 20 solid mixed wood G24 gears with solid brass retained axle pins.
5) Includes Qty 50 solid mixed wood G12 gears with solid brass retained axle pins.
6)Includes single sided dynamic “COGWORKS” banner featuring gears and pulleys.
7) Exhibit needs to be fastened to a wall.
Shipping lower 48 states.