Cogworks Set18 Matrix Wall Board is intended to be mounted to a wall by museum staff, therefore making use of existing wall space. Additional matrix boards can be mounted side by side to create larger wall exhibits. We recommend that Matrix Wall Boards are mounted on a slight angle for ease of use. Brackets to mount Matrix Wall Boards can be fabricated by museum staff or by Cogworks at additional cost. Mounting configurations tend to differ for each application, so are best discussed at the time of purchase.
The Matrix Wall Board allows two different gear sizes to be arranged in a matrix pattern. Six hardwoods are used in making the gears that are detailed with intricate patterns and inlays for variation and interest. The gear location pins are made from brass for strength. There are three cranks or driving gears fixed to the display; making a total of six work areas. Gear creations can be joined between cranks; this encourages teamwork.
About the Matrix Wall Board – .The Matrix Wall Board has 3 creative zones. Its size is approximately 24” by 60” and provides a large canvas to create.
Set18 ~ Matrix Wall Board ~ Specifications
1) The board size is approximately 60” wide by 24” high. The board and assembly is made from solid birch plywood for strength. It has a safe tough lacquer finish except for board rubbing face which is finished with FDA approved mineral oil.
2) Cogworks wooden gears are durable and the best available. In comparison, plastic gears are not as strong, they discolor easily, and are not environmentally safe ~ therefore needing premature replacement if one wants to keep a high quality exhibit!
3) Includes Qty 3 crank gears with solid brass hardware fixed to the board.
4) Includes Qty 20 solid mixed wood G24 gears with solid brass retained axle pins.
5) Includes Qty 50 solid mixed wood G12 gears with solid brass retained axle pins.
6) Sturdy wall mounting brackets available at extra cost ~ Pair of wall bracets mount board 15Deg from vertical. Hardware supplied.
Shipping lower 48 states